View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 11:40 PM   #34

The Spade fender eliminator kit from MNNTHBX was on my list of mods but I have decided to make my own fender parts from steel and buy a longer plate mount. I purchased a black Bates LED tail light from Carpy’s Cafe Racers. The Spade fender is a bit flimsy so, I’ll reinforce it and add a steel support for the light. My thought is to do all the work on the inside of the fender and protect the paint to keep from needing to repainting it. The rear fender and plate mount have been cut off the bike along with the helmet lock and the two small steel brackets near the fender. That area still needs cleaned up with a sanding disc.

The seat has been taken to my local seat maker. His work is very nice. He will recover the black portion with brown material and the gray section with black up to the second black angled seam at the rear of the seat. The seat stitching will be black as well to stand out. Carpy’s is also sending brown Kung Fu grips. I’ll post pictures as soon as I get the seat back. The new muffler has not arrived yet. I’m hoping to get that soon. The handlebars still need to be purchased. Not sure what I want yet.

A good bit of weight has been removed from the bike. The next thing to go will be the centerstand and I’m trying to decide whether or not to keep the rear grab handle. The Spade looks really clean without the grab handle. The side stand will need to be lengthened an inch or so.

It’s coming together and should look pretty sweet. The brown grips and seat will look great on it.

SamM
Attached Images

2017 Coleman CT200U
1978 Yamaha SR500E
1979 Yamaha XS650 Special II

Last edited by SamM; 11-24-2017 at 06:34 AM.