View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 10:36 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkTwoFifty View Post
So I have been working on a jetting issue on my new Hawk 250 and think it is finally good, except... now I couldnt test it out fully since my tire went flat during my ride causing me to almost crash. So I got home and tried to fill it will air but it didnt fill. So I then tried to fill it with Fix-a-flat so I could desperately go back out to test my jetting but the fix-a-flat poured right out the sidewalls like a leaking dam.

What may this new issue be?? I have owned Japanese atvs and bikes my whole life and never had an issue with a tire not filling with air, and on top of that, having fix-a-flat pour out the sidewalls.

WHAT IS MY ISSUE HERE????

I am almost regretting this Hawk 250 purchase (from Txpowersports.com) as its been over a month now and its endless puzzles to figure out...
It does not surprise me that the tires leak. Tube type tires were never designed to hold air. China, and I suppose India are a little behind the curve in tire construction. All Japanese as well as all Western tires are sprayed on the inside with sealant because it is convenient to manufacture all tires on the same line. It costs heavy duty money to shut down a line in order to make just a batch of tube tires. So they run the tires all down the same line in order that there will be no screw-ups by having a tubeless tire get through uncoated. Liability, in other words. However, you are right to complain about the tubes. Like when the Japanese started making tubes, they are not very good. Amongst other places try Tire Barn, and Dennis Kirk. The correct tubes are sometimes marked; 2.75 - 21, and 4.00 - 18...ARH