View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 10:59 AM   #1

Hello new Grom clone owner here

Hello Hi, I'm Sharpy,I live in Texas. I am no stranger to the chinese rider scene as I been on two wheels for most my life. I had a 2011 Puma Cycles Corp Speedo 50, then a 2009 Johnway /rocketa (dong fang makes these i believe) Mc--54-250. These two bikes were proof that if you took good care of something it'll last as long as you need it. Both survived well over 5000 miles and the speedo 50 im told is still oem and ticking. The not china bikes in cluded my first, a 73 honda xr 80, 86 yamaha IT200 (2 stroke Brazillian beast), 84 Kawasaki LTD 650, and a 94 Kawasaki Concours. Those are what I had.

What I bring to you is an opportunity to check out my experiences and purchase of a 2017 Venom Motorsports Canada x20 aka the Boom 125 Vader or possibly the vader II. Depends on where the bike comes from. I bought this bike at a deal of around 1200 us pesos shipped to my door. I am to expect it between Dec 1st, to dec 6th. I ordered this unit friday and hopefully it ships in the next few days.

I got a few mods and mashups for this bike, once I get it legally registered I got the pile of mandatory mods coming to it.

Carburetor. First off, the carb. Oh my god does that stock carb repulse anyone who knows of it's exsistence. Got the mikuni setup and may try out the other options later. I obtained the jet kits, and air cone with it. The carb will be post registration as it needs le inspection.

CDI. Secondly, the CDI. Got the good ol reem and scream you find on every aftermarket site. I heard of the CDI's rev limiter and it's there for reasons like one, emissions, two, old people, and three, making you look silly in the meetup. Aint havin it. All the mods will be on post inspection.

Exhaust, where there is flow there is an angry californian politician accusing the little guys of a problem them big plants and stations make. I got a pipe bender and a weekend let's make some magic.

Sprockets. Gonna try the 17 tooth, if no worky ill drop one until it does function. I have the new chain ready for application.

Spark Plug, never wanna use a nameless chinese plug, if there is something I want to trust combustible liquid air mixture with it's a zap zap plug with a reputation. Gonna get a reputed one and properly gap it.

Lights, obligatory LED conversion, I like my bike very visible while getting sandwiched at the stoplight. Joke aside I will experiment with a aux light system with rechargeable.external batteries. Speak of, i will replace the batterey later.

Mirrors, big glass cookies are nice if ecerything else is big and round. Neither me or the bike is so I ordered a pair of matching blue/black mirrors. They are still standard. Usually I would keep the big rounds but there will always be the high beam hobbyist or the guy who says in an honest tone your mirrors look stupid.

But that's the plan for my bike and I am sure anyone here would be more interested in my project than me.

But of this wasn't so long you didn't read let me tell you about myself.

I am a Texas based professional driver for van truckload logistics services. I was born in Cali, grew up in green chile land and currently reside in the heart of the lone star. I am not home often where my bike will be due to work, but it will be riding a lot... once I tunw this thing to my preferences. I hope to hear what you all think about this adventure I so impulsively delved into.