Thread: Viva dealers?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 06:04 PM   #23

Re: Army and Sand Colors? Shineray Tagged Bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by elroyjetsn
Looking at the Nitro site and i'm confused. One enduro shows really cool photos of 200cc enduros in green, yellow, blue, red and down below the color selector offers "army" and "sand"????

http://www.nitro-motors.com/200cc-di...ith-clutch.jsp

Must be behind on their payments to their webmaster? :roll:
I had a similar experience with a different dealer/vender. I was looking at a 250 (Hi-Bird, I think) and was interested enough to send an email and ask questions. I did not notice that the site lists black as the only color available, so in my email I asked if it was difficult to ensure I get the color I want, and proceeded to tell them I wanted it in black.

They replied telling me the bike wasn't available in black. 8O

Obviously, this raises some red flags. If the pictures on the site don't match what they claim to have available, there's no telling what a person might end up with.

And this just underscores the need to contact any potential vender and ask questions. Many times, it's not the questions you ask that are important, but more their ability to answer the questions, or how they answer.

Some of my emails were never returned...but I would bet those sites still make sales because the price is attractive.
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project