View Single Post
Old 01-30-2007, 08:32 AM   #4

Thanks for the info.
It’s a thumper, a single 230cc cylinder. I have never liked manufacturers rounding the displacement figures up, but they all do it. 1 or 2 cc’s isn’t a big deal but implying an additional 20 in the model designation borders on deceptive.

Like I mentioned before, I did sit on the bike. My first impressions are, the suspension is firm and only compresses slightly with my 200+ pounds on it. The finish is flat grey over black, I here it is also available in a lighter silver over black. The return spring in the throttle is weaker than my old Kawasaki and my buddy’s Suzuki but I don’t think it will be a problem. I think the seat padding is too firm and I am not used to sitting in a forward position, coming from a cruiser. It is not the crouch of a true sport bike but more like a Ninja 250. One of the things that kept bringing me back to this bike is the styling; it is not quite like anything else I’ve looked at.

Originally I was looking at dual-sports and scooters, like the Honda Elite and Suzuki Burgman. My first bike was a 49cc AMF moped form The Home Shopping Channel store. I was 15 and had $300.00 from working short order. I put 12,000 miles on it before I turned 16.