Thread: Viva dealers?
View Single Post
Old 04-03-2008, 08:23 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by theENIGMATIC
Big deal, who cares what their web site looks like....do they have the bikes in all those colors or not, thats what matters, use the telephone if there is a prob!!!
First of all, the comments were not about the way the sites look. It's about the details listed for the products they sell. If they don't know the correct details to put on the web page, why should I believe they have the ability to read my email or process my order correctly? Do they not communicate with their webmaster when the product changes? Do they communicate with their customers after the sale?

And second, like it or not, the way a site looks does say something about the company. What it says may or may not be entirely true (which is why everyone needs to do their homework), but every site says something. It's like an ad in the newspaper versus one in a magazine. One is obviously more professional looking than the other.

And in my case, the site I mentioined was much more professional looking than most. On the surface I was impressed. I scratched the surface and found an immediate flaw, IMO.

You may or may not care....which is your option...but ignoring some simple and obvious details could prove costly down the road. 8O
2005 Kawasaki EX250 - A new project