View Single Post
Old 04-01-2018, 11:25 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Congrats! I am speaking in general Chinabike terms, and not to discourage you or anyone else, but these bikes' engines tend to do best kept stock, but upgrade exhaust, carb, and gearing. If memory serves me, these are pretty much pit-bikes (engine-wise as far as engine itself and how it is mounted), so you can buy a crate engine in whatever size you desire. This is only a disclaimer based on conjecture from over the years, so if you are mechanically inclined, and bought one as a project (cheap one at that), don't let me stop you from trying to deal with your stock engine. Worse comes to worse, you will need a new engine anyway. But as far as stock engines go, most everyone around here with pretty much any kind of bike have upgraded exhaust, carb, and gearing and have posted seat-of-the-pants gains, as well as GPS verified gains.
I installed an upgraded carb and exhaust on my Hellcat, sure I was hoping to gain a lil extra power but mostly because the stock carb and exhaust were junk.

I've posted a few youtube vids on my bike and the number one question I get is "what is the top speed". For me, if I can cruise 50 mph that is pretty much all I was looking to get. If I wanted something that could cruise 70 mph I would have looked into getting a bigger bike with a bigger engine and bigger wheels. Call me a wuss but I dont really want to go 70 mph on my Hellcat. I can understand wanting more power for doing 2nd and 3rd gear wheelies, and that sort of stuff, but I'm perfectly happy with the 125cc, if just seems to be the right fit for a bike of this size. That's just my opinion. But to each their own.