View Single Post
Old 04-03-2018, 06:02 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Congrats! I am speaking in general Chinabike terms, and not to discourage you or anyone else, but these bikes' engines tend to do best kept stock, but upgrade exhaust, carb, and gearing. If memory serves me, these are pretty much pit-bikes (engine-wise as far as engine itself and how it is mounted), so you can buy a crate engine in whatever size you desire. This is only a disclaimer based on conjecture from over the years, so if you are mechanically inclined, and bought one as a project (cheap one at that), don't let me stop you from trying to deal with your stock engine. Worse comes to worse, you will need a new engine anyway. But as far as stock engines go, most everyone around here with pretty much any kind of bike have upgraded exhaust, carb, and gearing and have posted seat-of-the-pants gains, as well as GPS verified gains.
When he says 190CC, I think he's referring to the ZS190CC swap. This is the engine made in the same factory as the Daytona Animas. Comes with electric and kickstart... also a 5 speed transmission. Replaces the spinner with a dedicated oil filter. This engine is so good that the Grom guys are swapping them in. Some guy in Nevada has his bored/stroked to 212cc. Another guy has converted his 190cc to fuel injection.

From the ZS190 facebook group, people have been beating on this engine pretty hard. There's also dyno charts to verify power and stuff like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
Sorry if you already addressed this...did you change either sprocket? What is the stock gearing?
I am running 17T in front instead of the stock 15T. Works perfectly for me. I'm seeing 60-65 mph top speed. Acceleration has been fine as well. Allows me to cruise around at 45 mph. However, ultimate goal is to get the ZS190. Then will attempt to run 17/34 or 17/36 in that one.