Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 01:16 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyoungbl View Post
Goshawk, I'm in your age range and sold my Stelvio for exactly the same reason. About a month ago I got to ride a new Ninja 400 while at Daytona bike week. That engine was delightfully smooth and quick. As with any small displacement engine, you do not find any torque in the lower rev range. When I asked if the 400 twin might be used in the Versay the answer was evasive...like they wanted to say 'yes' but could not make an announcement. With that said, I'm not sure that engine would be my choice for crawling through rough terrain because it really needs to spin in order to have the torque required. On the highway the 400 was fantastic.
I read somewhere that Kawasaki had ceased production of the 250/300cc engine, so it would seem inevitable that the new 400cc unit will find its way into the Versys300X chassis. A critical point being whether Kawasaki do, as they did with the 300cc Ninja and retain the old price for the new bike.

Emerikol, I have nothing against either the DR650 or the KLR650. It is just a case of getting less able to handle them confidently, not to mention surviving any "get offs". I have seemingly lost that "bounce factor".