View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 11:41 PM   #9

I used to commute on my TMEC 200 enduro daily, year round and racked up 6000 miles a year at 16.5 miles each way. This was in southwest AZ where the temps would get up to 115+ on my commute home. The 196cc engine in that bike was OEM by Zongshen; the rest of the bikes are 229cc or thereabouts. These engines are very similar.

If the roads are what you described traffic-wise, I see few problems dealing with top speeds. The Bashans are geared for street duty, while the Hawk (if you were considering one) would probably need a new rear sprocket, or both sprockets changed out.

You might be limited to what Superior offers, as the Shark is no longer available, and I am guessing the Brozz is also not available. They have shown those bikes long after both the Brozz and Shark were sold out last spring. You are probably limited to the Storm or the Enforcer (aka 41h); not a bad thing, however. My guess is that the Storm might be the better commuter than the 41H. I was spoiled with my TMEC having a very comfortable seat, so hopefully people will chime in on the comfort of their bikes' seats.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard