View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 07:31 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcosby View Post
california ? if you had a relative in the next state and had him register the bike in his name then buy the bike from him and go to get tag in california. would that work or are you prohibited from buying a used vehicle that wasnt produced for california?
I have an address in Yuma; it might work if I buy it, register it, and park it for 6 months. To make my situation clearer, if someone out of state had a Chinabike that was not CARB certified for at least 6 months, registered in their state, and then moved to California, they could bring their bike with them. For me, that is not the case since I only own a non-op TMEC 200 which will probably never get on the road, as well as my TGB scooter (which is CARB legal). My only question is if California would scrutinize how long I have lived in California, and then will be taking a bike into California later--6 months later. I don't have a California DL yet, but my employer is hounding me to get it, so thoughts of buying up 'forbidden' firearms off the shelves like, gasp, AR-15 and AK/derivatives will soon be dashed, LOL, once I (Am forced) to get my California license.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard