View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 10:00 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
It could be a good experience for you. Consider what sshevie is saying about used vs. new--these would be technically new, but legally 'used' since you are not a dealer. Also what he wrote regarding the parts being installed or sold as a kit. But if buyers don't care and you could make a few hundred a piece on the side, go for it!
thanks fam,
i think i am forced into a used bike status, i can't think of a way in tennessee to transfer the title to my buyer without titling it in my name.
the title does come blank where the buyer fills out but i dont get a blank bill of sale.....bill of sales do not have to be notarized in tn but using white out on buyer info is illegal......
besides, by me placing a tag on it re-ensures the buyer they can too if a tn buyer.....this adds $130(110 if transferring old tag) to my cost.

i have contacted a few distributors of my parts needed and most of them can offer me a discount if i buy 4 or more. that helps a smidgen..... i really think this setup is needed to catch the eye of the buyer. i have a family member to invest interest free to jumpstart me..... really close to pulling the trigger, but should decide soon for good weather season, and shipping assembly and title takes approx 2 months turnaround