View Single Post
Old 04-26-2018, 12:25 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Coils in general tend to be expensive. It might be worth hitting up the pick-a-part to get a coil and connector for a better price.

You can always spring for an AEM CDI Pencil coil (30-2854). $80 on Amazon as a complete kit with connector, pins, and seals. $71 through Summit plus shipping.

This is the coil I am waiting for in the mail. It alone is $48, and another $7 for the connector kit. https://www.diyautotune.com/product/...ischarge-coil/

I took an extra day off this weekend, so I am hoping to squeeze in my ignition pickup advance experiment so I can give that a test before I go trying to hot rod my ignition coil.
I am waiting for the results of your experiment with ignition advance with great anticipation. The next step in power production from this engine will be achieved with variable ignition timing. I know how to do this mechanically, but not electronically. There should be a way to control the timing of the condenser discharge electronically. Maybe to delay condenser discharge at starting and idle, and gradually reduce the delay until 3500-4000 rpm when the delay has been reduced to zero...ARH