View Single Post
Old 04-27-2018, 04:39 AM   #5

imapdog, one thing I would suggest is that you give your local DMV a call and see how many vehicles you can turn over in a year before they make you register as a dealer. I had one year back in GA where I sold six cars, and got a (not so) friendly letter from my DMV that basically said if I bought or sold one more car during the next 12 months, I would be fined and forced to register as a dealer (about $8,000 in total registrations costs, plus a liability insurance policy and a bond). Also, in today's sue-happy world, if you uncrate the bikes and assemble them, you're assuming a huge risk if the wrong bolt comes out at the wrong time. It may almost be easier to sell the bikes still in the crate, with all the upgrades and mods on top of the crate. Then whoever your end-user is will have the responsibility of assembly and such. I like the idea of buying a batch of bikes at a steep discount and reselling them to make a couple bucks, but one dissatisfied customer in the beginning could really be tough to bounce back from. There was another rider on the forum in South Carolina thinking of doing the same thing from some warehouse space he had near a main road, but I don't remember much in the way of details. Please keep us posted with how you decide to move forward with this.

I was struggling to get my wife's attention; I sat down on the couch and looked comfortable. That did the trick!

My wife says I only have two faults. I don't listen and something else...

If at first you don't succeed, try doing it the way I told you to...

The Stable:
2005 Yamaha V-Star 650 - SOLD
2015 Suzuki DR 650
2015 RPS Hawk 250 - SOLD
2016 Ural Gear Up