Thread: Rx3s
View Single Post
Old 04-28-2018, 11:35 AM   #42

I had a brief ride on an RX3 and thought it too much like my NX250 ( only 30 years younger) in that I found the constant high revs very tiring. Noise and vibration are the enemies of long distance travel as far as I am concerned. Ultimate top speed is of little concern to me but the ability to cruise at 65mph with out the motor doing 8000rpm is a deal breaker. I would otherwise be on the Versys300X forum.
Each of us has his/her own preferences and it is likely very few of us will get all that we want in an "Adventure" bike. We choose the compromises we find acceptable and try to work around them eg different sprockets etc. If the RX3 fits the bill for you, good luck to you, get out there and enjoy it. I am after sub 400lb weight, a high 6th gear for restful cruising, and a seat height that allows my ancient and stubby legs to reach the ground. Everything else I will make accommodation for, ie low first gear, easy maintenance, luggage carrying ability. No doubt there as many "ideal" bikes out there as there are buyers.