View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 12:13 PM   #1

these are fun bikes! but...suspension question

Have gone for two hour-long boots on the bikes in the last couple of days. For 150cc they offer plenty of fun. I hate to dwell on it but even when I'm riding, I'm grinning about the price...brand new Honda CRF150 = $3800 CDN dollars = hundreds of dollars more than what I paid for TWO bikes. Even with the small issues (fuel leak and shipping breakage on a brakeline) they're surpassing my expectations.

I've had duelsports but never a pure dirt machine so I'm a little new to this. I'm finding that the suspension does excellent on larger dips and road approaches (tempting to jump but I haven't yet!) but I do feel the small bumps in fields and washboard patterns on gravel roads, etc. I'm just wondering - is there a compromise here? If the suspension is softer for the small stuff then do you lose the control and absorption on the larger dips and bumps? Have I explained my question well enough?

There's probably nothing I can do about it, other than make sure all the fasteners are tight after each ride. On the other hand, it's not that bad.

P.S. I have checked all suspension parts and none appear defective.

Thanks,
R.