View Single Post
Old 05-09-2018, 11:12 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The Sharks sold out last year, and the new importer, Peace Industries, only imported the Brozz, so any Sharks would be leftover (but they sold out?!) meaning the online dealer(s) have not updated their site(s). They lump all the Chinabikes together, too, in their own mind, meaning you try to order a Shark, and they will send you a Bashan Storm (nice bike, btw, but not what you ordered!)

Even if you call to confirm, I guarantee, you won't get a straight answer out of them, and/or they will try to send you something else.

As far as registration goes, I am fairly certain the Hawks have been successfully registered in New York, if you were thinking of one for their very low cost (there are a few compromises, but MANY happy owners who have fiddled with the compromises--i.e. replacing the stock carb), so don't rule them out.

The Enforcer that nickdowny mentioned is near-identical to the Hawk, but is EPA/DOT certified for 49 states, but the Hawk should be good to go in NY in spite of its EPA off-road designation--check the registration thread.
Thanks I ended up ordering a CSC TT250 I talked to a sales rep and liked what I heard so I placed the order. I'll keep everyone updated on the progress.

I didn't order the Bashan because I was having a hard time finding what I thought would be a reliable dealer. Every time I did a review search I found horror story after horror story on dealers sending the wrong bike, damaged products, and horrible customer service. I found mostly positive info on CSC so that was the other reason I went them.