View Single Post
Old 05-21-2018, 08:51 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
That's great to hear!

I learned that one has to watch it here. My CB guy said that everything he sells is CARB legal.....but may not be street legal. My Xmoto was a fully lit enduro bike but was only able to be green stickered for dirt.....which still made it CARB legal.
Good point! The only thing I can think that would ease one's mind is that your bike was a gray area bike in California a few years back, meaning it was like the Hawk/Magician siblings are today nationwide. Back then, many companies imported fully-lighted enduros, and got them EPA certified, like the Hawk/Magician, and in many states, including California in the mid-2000s, one could get them plated (usually depended on which DMV one went to). Back then, the green sticker for off-road use in Cal. was easier to obtain, which is my guess where your bike fell into. By the time you got your bike, California had figured out the loophole for the numerous fully-lighted bikes, and put an end to that! On a side note, a friend bought a two-stroke CR250 back in the early/mid 90s (1994?). There were actually hundreds of dollars in green-sticker fees to get the title in his name, so the clerk at the DMV ran it through as a street-legal conversion, and gave him a plate, registration, and a title, sight unseen, at the Oxnard, California DMV. Those were the days...

The KP Mini is different in that it is EPA/DOT legal for 'on-highway' use; different list than the 'off-road' EPA list.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard