View Single Post
Old 06-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #4

So I took apart the rear on the Hellcat and checked everything - took in the sprocket/hub into the dealer since there was some obvious damage on it that was caused by them. Luckily they're working with me - they've been a bit hard to deal with in the past.

Out of curiosity I disassembled the rear on the Icebear and put it on the Hellcat to see if I noticed any improvement (so glad that the parts on these anklebiters are more or less the same) - when I took a test drive, unfortunately I was still noticing the vibration. Definitely something to do with higher revs, I notice the issue when I downshift and when I'm nearing the top of the band.

I took the 17t sprocket from the Icebear as well, and since the revs stay lower with that on, it helps a lot too. The engine definitely needs the carburetor changed out and the airbox removed - it doesn't like to go above 45 all that quickly, it's simply not getting enough kick out of the stock carb and airbox to run a 17t front sprocket - but at least I have the vibrations mostly managed for now.

Ordered replacement pieces for the Icebear, have Grom axle bolts coming in, and will probably do the brake rotors since I'm noticing a bit of shaking when I come to a stop. Probably should bleed the rear and add some fluid too, idiot mechanic at the dealer didn't refill it when he replaced the caliper the first time around. Might also have to try some sort of 'bushing' for the engine mounts, too, just to see if I can get it to stop affecting the frame so much.

Any suggestions for improvements on this bike are always welcome. Might start a new thread with the whole experience and build, not to mention the Icebear, which has now been torn apart, reassembled, and even painted for my wife to ride.