Thread: New CSC TT250
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2018, 10:43 AM   #22

Front Fork Fun

I pulled the forks and drained them yesterday. Each held about 270ml - not the 330 ml the CSC maintenance PDF calls for. I also have a strange and somewhat troubling issue with a difference in the damper click stops. The left fork has over 3-1/4 full turns of travel and about 35 somewhat sorta click stops (some feel like clicks others are hard to discern) while the right has about 1-1/3 turns or about 12 sort of clicks.

I drained the forks and refilled with 330 ml each of Bel Ray 10W fork oil. (Somehow fork oil just is just SUPPOSED to be blue dontchathink?) I am going to try starting out with about 6 clicks from minimum (clockwise) setting on each. However the difference in total adjustment bothers me. Can anyone else with a TT250 tell me how many clicks or approximate turns of total adjustment we are supposed to have? I may call CSC anyway to see what they say. BTW this is not new or related to the fluid change; I noted this the first day I got the bike and wanted to adjust the fork damping.