View Single Post
Old 06-30-2018, 02:53 PM   #7

first gear is very low it seems no matter wich bike you buy i would never ride in first gear ever on the 229cc ,also upgrade the chain,the ones that come with them are junk ,but like 25.00 dirt bike chain jt H is what i got 5500 lbs or rk ,the magician ,not sure wich but find out wich chain works for it ,replace before you even ride ,i just noted on my hawk it so low geared #2 gear would be better to start out in ,or shift from first to second real quick ,dont know of a chain oiler either ,so sounds like others said.

mabey its just me but i felt like i could have snapped the chain ,it was very tight no slack at all out of the crate from china if i did not put some slack in it.it would have snapped the first ride too 9/16th aprox slack,? is did you put some slack in the chain if not an it was as tight as mine ,thats what it will do it every time with the cheap chain they put on them ,even with a good chain need some slack,there are videos on you tube on how to adjust a chain proper,just mabey if they put it together they did not adjust it proper either for you so if they put it together ,then may be there fualt,

i know with mine had i not adjusted it ,they would have said your fault ,who knows hopefuly they will replace it for you ,an if they do make sure the chain has 3/4ths to an inch of slack,an dont ride much in first gear ,i found with my hawk 5th gear feels like 3rd ,though i think the magcican has higher gears ,but still low

Last edited by Hawk 229cc; 06-30-2018 at 04:09 PM.