View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 01:38 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryBD View Post
Hi all, here is an update ridigchop asked for.

I received my certificate of origin from Q9 powersports and a bill of sale 5 days after I filled out the online form.

I went to my insurance agent and got insurance on the bike with the vin number.

I took the insurance paper, bill of sale and certificate of origin to the dmv and I was out the door in less than 30 minutes with a plate and temporary registration.

It was actually a painless trip.

Let me tell you how the certificate of origin was filled out:

Chongqing Haosen Motorycle C., LTD (listed at top)
VIN number - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Year 2017
Make RPS
Body Type: Motorcycle
HP(S.A.E.) 15.5hp/239cc
GVWR: 264 lbs
Shipping Weight 303 lbs.
No. Cyls.: 1
Series or Model: HS250Y-A HAWK

Then distributor's name address and Ricky Power Sports LLC is listed below.

I have heard others write do not put "Off-Road Motorcycle" in the Body Type. Just put "Motorcycle".

Overall my process with Q9 power sports went well. [With the exception of the bike sitting for 2 weeks in one shipping place and a bent piece on the bottom of the bike (where the rear brake spring hooks on bottom of frame). That's all on the shipper.] I used layaway, they were easy to get a hold of, they filled out the certificate of origin in a way which allowed me to register it and sent it very quickly. I had no problems at the DMV in West Virginia/WV.

Glad it all went well for you. I'm waiting for my 3rd MCO to arrive in the mail. I have what must be the pickiest DMV on earth with a 2-3 hour wait in the lobby every time I have gone. If this one doesn't fly I don't know what I'm going to do lol.