View Single Post
Old 08-01-2018, 02:42 PM   #14

Yea I think OEM Grom hardware will fit ,I actually think the Chinese bolts might well be strong enough, the actual issue is the nuts come loose and the rocking causes enough stress for the bolt to then shear ,if they didn't ever come loose then they would last.
But that said, we aren't talking a lot of money for a couple of known good quality 5/6" bolts ,nuts, and washers so it's worth it to just swap the entire mess out and be done with it ,I'm no fan of "Chinesium" hardware , they strip out, wring off ,and corrode way to fast,easy and often .I am planning on basically replacing every accessible nut , bolt, and washer I can get to no matter where it is ,I ordered a stainless steel engine bolt kit for a Grom , picked up two metric nut / bolt/washer assortment kits at Lowes and also ordered a blue anodized aluminum nut /bolt/washer

complete fairing kit for a Grom and a 100 pc count bag of rubber washers that will hopefully keep the Vader plastics from vibration and stress cracking .That, and a big honkin bottle of blue loc tite .
2020 Orion RXB250L