View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 10:07 AM   #32

Well the story continues...

Got the new shock in, 295mm long and has a Schrader valve this time, ALL RIGHT! So, let's go and set the preload on the spring. Put the top of shock and tighten it in the vise, get the spanner wrench and proceed to adjust the nut and... WTF?!! The whole rest of the shock assembly is turning while I am trying to adjust the nut. I think to myself,"GREAT...another quality control issue that china forgot about, and now I have another broken shock." Come to find out, the head/top unit of this shock threads onto the main body section where the preload nut adjusts. I have only delt with shocks milled as one piece unit before. It has one o-ring (maybe 1/8" thick) that seals it up, inside of the head/top unit.

My question is, how many psi of nitrogen should I tell them to add when I get this shock filled? Will it hold 150psi with only one o-ring to seal it? That's the norm or max usually that I hear for shocks. I guess you want at least 100psi? Might start there...hell I'll ask the guys at the Honda shop and see what they think. I'll keep ya updated...

Kirk