View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 05:45 AM   #4

Update: Seems to be running Ok now

So I got home from work today and started it up. It ran like an absolute dog and stalled before too long. No problem, I inspected all the fuel lines and couldn’t find anything off. So I pulled out the spark plug for inspection. It looked ok to me. I did a spark test to make sure it was lighting up and sure enough it did.

Put the spark plug back in and started it up. Again it was running really rough and stalled quite quickly and wouldn’t restart. Took the plug out again and did another spark test - yep all ok. So I put it back in and started it up again - it fired up and ran perfectly. I kept it running while I reassembled the fairings and did a couple of things at home - didn’t miss a beat. I then took it for a short ride - only about 5 minutes because I had to make dinner and then bloody thing never missed a beat.

The only thing I can think of is that perhaps it’s a bad lead or the lead wasn’t attached properly. It kind of worries me that I got it running without finding a definitive answer (I don’t consider this a definitive answer because the lead seemed to be attached fine before and after I looked at it), because I don’t know when it will play up again.

Will post back here if I run into this problem again.