View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 12:31 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpudRider View Post
Today the snow melted some more, and the temperature climbed to plus 40 degrees Fahrenheit; therefore, I had the opportunity to take my Zong for a 65-mile test ride I am very pleased to report my new, 21-inch, front wheel handled superbly!

The larger wheel seems to soften the bumps, even on the pavement. Also, I can now perform low speed maneuvers more smoothly, and easily. Braking was excellent, even with a new brake rotor. Also, my Zong feels very stable, and solid, while turning corners at highway speeds. I also noticed both low-speed, and high-speed handling are even more nimble than before! I am extremely pleased with the final results.

My complete front wheel, including tire, and brake rotor, weighs the same as a complete, Lifan 200GY-5 front wheel. Both these wheels weigh about ½ pound less than the stock, 18-inch, Zongshen front wheel.

As I was riding, I stopped to admire several local residents, grazing in the fields.

Pausing briefly between bites, Mr. Ed told me he liked the modifications I had made to my Zong. I always appreciate the comments of anyone possessing good, old-fashioned horse sense!

I eagerly await the passage of winter. I truly look forward to riding in Idaho’s mountains next Spring with my new, 21-inch front wheel.

Spud
You ride in the winter time? How far do you actually go? Do you ride when it is dry enough to, or how do you do it?

Warren

Moto Aventure ride 2020.

"If everyone is thinking the same thing, no one is thinking." Gen. Patton.

-2017 Suzuki SV650
-2015 BASHAN - STORM
Current mods: LED headlight & tail light, LED fog light, JT 428-130 chain, 47t rear sprocket, 4-fuse box, oil-cooler, CSC TT205 hand controls, 32" handlebars, aftermarket 295mm rear shock, digital speedo & tach, USB/12 volt accessory; painted flat-black.
-2005 Skyteam ST90 (sitting in pieces)
-2003 Buell Blast - SOLD