View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 04:36 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellkitty View Post
Just like you did,in a couple of weeks I'll be taking my Hellcat on a camping trip and exploring the back roads to get to some really awesome places. One of my biggest concerns about buying a Chinese made bike was "will I be able to trust this thing while taking it off the beaten path"? With your post and the experience I've had with mine so far my concerns have eased. I dont have near the miles on mine that you have.

Your bike looks pretty much stock. Have you done any other upgrades besides the engine bolts? Are you running the original carb?

Thanks for the encouraging post and pics!
Sorry, I've been out and about.

I haven't done as much as I would like, but there are a couple things done:

- 17T front sprocket
- VM22 Carb (got really dusty, I'm wondering if the stock box would have been a lot better for the health of the bike...still runs tho)
- New Chain
- 95 main jet
- Replaced the rear axle bolt with one from a grom, though I don't think this was necessary. Ended up being an entirely different reason on the rear of the bike that the dealer replaced, and had nothing to do with the axle.

Honestly, I think that having the smaller front sprocket would have been better for offroad use. I originally did the 17T for speed on paved roads, but the extra torque would have been nice on trails.