View Single Post
Old 10-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #733

Had a good brunch at a Salvadoran joint near downtown LA. Tako is a good guy to hang out with, and his lovely wife, although quiet, was also interesting. I picked up...

300cc kit with his special extras to make it easy. I can't comment on this much as it's not installed, but everything looks well made. The valve pockets are cast, not machined, but that's not a huge thing either. I can't decide whether to try polishing them, which could be risky.

Interior soft liner/bags for the side cases. These are very well made, no Chinesium here. Good solid material with good seams, handles, shoulder strap. There are flat pockets outside and inside for small stuff, and then a big open space in the center. These will make removal of contents easy, although I quickly learned it's easy to over-pack them and you need to watch for that.

Bunch of filters and related items. Not much to say about that, they are what they are.

Spark plug, Iridium type. Pricey but these have been great on past bikes.

New-style overflow bottle, you'd be a fool not to at the price.

Fuel filters. CSC first didn't list them as replacement items, and now is recommending regular replacement. I'll probably put them on a 10k mile schedule unless someone says otherwise. We have pretty clean gas.

Clutch cable angle change kit. This will move the lever more for less clutch movement, making it softer and easier. I find the clutch to be pretty good, will be interesting to see what this does. Worth a risk to try.

Top case hold-down replacements in aluminum. Solid replacement for the stock broken plastic, however they make removal/attachment a huge pain. That's because the rack and bottom of the case are not perfectly flat, and they don't quite line up. I may take a Dremel to the edges of the holes in the rack, which needs a repaint anyway. Or maybe enlarge the case holes a bit, then see if the pins re-seat in a better spot.

A nifty little stick on net thing. I'll put this on the top lid of the left case as a place to quickly toss something small, without it being lost in the big cavern of a case.

Extra air filter, keep one ready, so swaps can be done quickly. I have no idea the condition of the existing one yet anyway.