View Single Post
Old 10-03-2018, 11:35 AM   #737

First note: This is not enough to make them unusable, just mildly annoying. Also I've placed/removed the top case more in the last few days than I will normally.

I installed and tightened them first, and found the very hard fit. So I loosened them all, and fit the case much more easily. But then removing it...took some hitting. I think it's just that the rack and case are not machined to tight tolerances. So it appears that the slot is a bit too narrow to allow that sort of tolerance. I'll spend more time with it and share ideas, but it may be a couple weeks as I leave for a ten day trip this weekend and I'm not sure how much time I have free before it.

Last night I swapped the air filter (you're right, convenient to have two), did a LOT of degreasing, chain adjustment, general check/clean/tighten, and found that there was a GPS cellular tracker on the bike. Put it all back together and noted that fit/finish and body panel design is easily on par with the major brands, or maybe better in some places.