View Single Post
Old 10-05-2018, 12:41 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruces View Post
Don’t bother with the rubicon express lift springs ,they are crappy and will be all sagged out in a few months ,with your hard top they will be even worse .Dont bother asking me how I know ,I have installed dozens of the rubicon kits and every single was sagged horribly in no time at all .Your a long way away ,but I used to have great luck with SDL springs out of Quebec ,and I will probably go that way again depending on how I set up my Jeep .They have there own slip yoke eliminator kits as well .
The transfer case mods can be done in an hour after you have it removed ,no big deal ,if you plan on running it topless a lot (I always do ) I leave a junker crappy head unit in the dash as a decoy ,along with some crappy speaker boxes ,and I fabricate a centre console out of aluminum with a descent stereo in it ,and a portable speaker box for the rear ,either in the triangles if you have the sport bar ,or just for the tops of the inner fenders if you have the family bar ,I have had dozens of stereos stolen out of my Jeeps ,so I take it with me now and they can have the decoy if they like .Other than that I recommend a marine style head unit if you run without a top .Since you are probably a young whipper snapper ,you probably use your phone for music ? If so they make little hidden systems for motorcycles that use Bluetooth to your phone ,and basically it’s just a little amp that can be hidden under the dash or ? ,might be worth looking into .
I have found that space in the rear is always at a premium with a short wheelbase Jeep ,I try to not fill the floor with speakers if I can help it ,a nice lock box works well for me ,I make my own but have installed a few factory made units that were very nice .

Great suggestions. As my Jeep had its tub swapped at one stage it does have the later family cage set up. I can get ahold of a pair of wedge boxes with 6x9s in them that i could use to mount to the top of the fenders or tuck them in the passenger foot well area. I have also looked at the idea of running a full Rough Country lift kit or Old Man Emu springs if i can find a supplier.

As for the hidden amp idea that is def worth looking into. I know kenwood makes a unit that would be perfect for this that uses both Bluetooth and headphone jack input. So i could easily run music with phone, ipod or even just a sat radio using a vehicle dock. So i can easily pull the sat headunit each time i leave the vehicle parked overnight. Bonus points for the fact i can take the unit with me to my other vehicles after installing docks in them.
'80 Honda XL185S
'76 Yamaha DT250C dual sport
Baja Wilderness Trail 250
'07 Honda Shadow 750 Areo Trike
'01 Harley Davidson Softail Deuce
Polaris Magnum 425 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyj812 View Post
You can't pin this one on me, my wife is still mad at me. I don't need your wife mad at me too. LOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LZ View Post
Disclaimer: The above post by 2LZ is in no way the view of this site, other members or Bruce's llama. It is the opinion of 2LZ and 2LZ alone. ;-)