View Single Post
Old 10-10-2018, 01:54 AM   #746

Here is my observation over the time (4 months or so) I have been selling RX3 parts etc.
Most guys seem over 40/50ish a bit older and less fussy about the perfection of these bikes, happy with a decent bike decent upgrade or improvement and enjoy wrenching a bit on them.
Prices for parts or upgrades need to be within the same realm as the Rx3 new bike price, cheap enough and good enough to stay within what this bike is etc - no $100s of part or upgrade but within the discounted price range of the bike compared to big main stream bikes.

Prices of parts should reflect between mainstream and decent Chinese bikes.
Small to mid sized mods and upgrades with a good practical function seem to sell fine and 1 person gets something talks n shows then I tend to find another person wanting the same thing.

Keeping prices fair n decent and quality the same and a no BS service seems to tick over the sales etc.

My USA trip (home now) I sold something near $1000 of stuff, met 1 rider. Seems folk rather buy while it is in the USA then in China (really not a big difference to be fair, shipping within the USA not so cheap and average about half if from China)

The Chinese motocross bikes seem to attract a slightly different age group starting a bit lower to in their 50s etc. I sold 2 300 kits to a couple chaps in GA for their AJP PR5 made in Portugal as they run the NC250 as well with Delphi EFI, Sold 300 kits for the Pitster Pro LXR250F, GPX FSE250R RX3 EFI and Carb.

The USA trip was great - went to too many places and drove 3300 miles! in 9 days! (pity no bike but Ok can't have it all huh)

Ok enough ranting from me - I am terrible at being a writer and journalist! lol