View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 10:13 PM   #2

We are required to run headlights so I unplugged Roxy's running light. Wastes electricity and does no good with the headlight on. All those dainty LEDs in Roxy's headlight housing are also unplugged. Roxy has an LED in her stock headlight right now, but don't remember if it is CSC's or from some other source. Low beam is always on, quite bright right under the headlight, then a dark streak right above the low beam, then the high beam pattern begins. That dark streak leaves about 100 feet of the road unilluminated between beam patterns. Lowering the high beam to actually illuminate usefully puts the low beam pattern so close to the front wheel at any speed faster than parking lot.

Can't wait to get the pair of 4x6 JW Speaker headlights back on. I use a solenoid to raise the low beams to high beam position to eliminate the close-in glare when on high beam, allows much better visibility than partial night blindness on open highways because of excessive illumination close to the front tire with most LED headlight arrangements. The headlight high beams will work with the bulbs in either position, but I rarely use them. Only use for the high beams is blinding oncoming drivers with illegally modified or badly aimed headlights. Usually one blink and they dim their crap quickly.

EDIT: Anywho, today is the last sunny day of holiday. I'm off to the twisties. Yesterday prepped a set of LED trailer taillights with side markers for Roxy's tail, will install 10-19 while it rains. Using trailer electronics to make turns and brakes the same circuits--I'm not happy with the stock tail and turns practically concealed among the Tourfella boxes.

New 55 watt bixenon HID arrived and that will go in her stock headlight. This particular kit promises to meet DOT regs of illumination pattern but should be about 5 times as bright as stock. Hopefully this rig will light the dark gap between the high and low beam patterns on the current LED. Stock rear turns will join the stock front turns and alternate when on. Then the 4x6 LEDs the fuzz does not want me using for headlights will be 100% legal auxiliary lights. I'll run them at 35 watts on low beam, and install another battery to power the high beams when I want to blind people. My experience has been that when you get peoples' attentions by annoying the crap out of them you are much less likely to get run over because nobody really wants to deal with the lawyers.

Last edited by sqwert; 10-18-2018 at 11:33 AM.