View Single Post
Old 10-18-2018, 01:16 PM   #3

I left the little bulb out, and will not replace it. Seems like it does nothing in the US, right? And law aside, I've always run with the headlight on, why would anyone not?

I put on the CSC center stand last night. After one oil change and other maintenance, I was pretty annoyed at not having it. I thought about a bike stand, but then thought I might need/want the stand for on-the-road maintenance. After installing it, I can say I'd never buy it again. I mean, it functions, but it's also an annoyance. The fact that the rear tire is on the ground blows away the primary use during trips--chain maintenance. Crap, wish I'd known. It's also in the way for how I put the sidestand down. Damn. Getting it off the stand is a good exercise though, even my fat butt has to put real ooomph into it. All around bad design.

Riding with the LED lamp shows that it's a huge improvement. Next up will be lights for the crash bars. Now to decide on which ones. There's always something between the ludicrous-priced stuff and the junk, need to find it. The bar on my Jeep is quite good, and 1/5th the name brand price.