Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 09:58 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1cylinderwonder View Post
I want a light weight, lightly equipped, easily controlled, and easy to pick up if I’m dumped in the off road, non-paved, non-traveled territory. I want to explore interesting areas.
Well then get out your credit card, call CSC and order a TT250 or San Gabriel if your the scrambler type. Maintenance is dead simple: keep oil in the crankcase and gas in the tank and it will probably last longer than you will. Their engine is a Honda CG clone with the addition of a balance shaft, so smoother than any CG Honda ever produced. No oil filter, paper element air filter, adjust the valves whenever they need it or every day if you want (takes 15 minutes, literally). If you break anything, CSC has everything parts-wise in stock and priced more than affordably. My TT250 is a hoot and complements my RX3 perfectly.

Now if a 230cc engine is too small and you must have a lightweight 450, then Honda will be happy to sell you one. They'll even strip off all the extra crap that you don't want to pay for and only charge you an extra $5000 above and beyond what CSC is asking for the RX4.

No sense in berating the RX4 for not being a lightweight scrambler when it is not intended for that use nor marketed as such. Basically, it's a RX3 on steroids (more power, better brakes) - good for touring, gravel and fire roads and light off road work (although I have no doubt that someone will take it on the most God forsaken trail that they can find - and it will make it through, and then complain that it is not as good as a KTM 350 or 500 EXC, lol).