Thread: Idle air flow
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2018, 06:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by artur94 View Post
Can you just tell me what inside of the stepper motor?
From the Wiring Schematic which is on the web:
http://www.rx3adventure.com/rx3_wiring_schematic.html

I think that stepper motor is named there “idle controlling valve” which 4 of the cable going to ECU.

I was thinking that 2cable is for ECU to be able to control the Valve and the other 2 is to adjust the valve

But after all it may be that;
- 2 cables are to control Valve when in LOOP mode
- Other 2 are to control valve in NOT LOOP mode

Do you think that is good way I am thinking of this IAC valve?

Do you gays know how to test this stepper motor on my bench? I don’t have no One to be able swop the Stepper motor with.

Thank You for your help and hoping to bring this to the end :-)
From the number of leads and the need for the motor to reverse, it sounds like a 2 phase bipolar stepper. You have four electromagnets inside, split into two groups or "phases". One pair of wires controls the first phase and the other pair controls the second phase. This arrangement allows the driver circuit to be able to reverse the current flow in each phase so that the motor can step both clockwise and counterclockwise. Per the wiring diagram, the phases appear to be grouped as such:

First Phase control wires : Brown with White tracer & Brown with Green tracer

Second Phase control wires: Brown with Blue tracer & Brown with Yellow tracer

Note that this may be different on your actual bike, do not take this as gospel. Definitely verify these wire colors before you do anything. As I mentioned earlier, there does not appear to be any provision inside the stepper motor to actually measure and confirm to the ECU whether or not the motor actually moved the correct number of steps as commanded by the ECU; the ECU issues the command and simply assumes that the stepper motor is able to, and actually did, what it was told to do.

Here is a video which should show you some quick tests that you can do off the bike: