View Single Post
Old 10-23-2018, 07:49 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by davisbm2 View Post
I have had this issue where the bike cuts out suddenly at high RPMs. Like it is starved of fuel or has some electrical issue.

It only cuts out for a second and then is right back to it. It does this in every gear, cuts out at high RPM. When I reach the bikes top speed it cuts out or "stumbles" (the bike is not turning off just missing).

Then it occurred to me, does the Hawk/ Magician have a REV LIMITER? Maybe in the CDI? In that case I have been hunting a made up problem.
Wow, you're banging on it pretty hard, hitting the rev limiter in every gear. That's 8500 rpm. Power peak is 7300/7500 rpm, and peak torque is about 4500 rpm. Power is falling rapidly after 7500 rpm. If you want better perfomance, you will have to explore C.P.E. Carburetor, port job, exhaust system. I write a column called "Hawk Talk" on here that goes into this in excruciating detail. If you want to learn more on this subject start from the first post and skim until you get to "Joe Craig". Read it carefully, put it aside, then read it again, at least three times in order to let what he says take root in your brain. He was called "The Wizard of Bracebridge Street" for a reason...ARH