View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 11:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by imapdog View Post
the system is flawed on the State level. feds don't have the manpower to stop these imports and thus responsibilities onto the States. There are so many units out there to keep up with, and most states throw their hands down and sign away whatever comes there way....if the states were 100% enforcers we
would all be riding around on 49cc china bikes...
The reality is that many states do plate converted dirt bikes, but it was interesting to see how many, and which ones, were plating Hawks. I think I counted 30 states on Jerryhawks' thread. I am guessing several states are those that normally don't plate offroad bikes. It seems some are no longer plating them. If there is some investigation tied to them getting so many plated, I wonder if RPS's competitors had anything to do with it? They went through the more difficult and I am guessing more costly process of getting theirs street legal. Knowing as much as I do now, if I was a competitor, I would probably bring this up to the powers that be. As a regular guy in California with only 2 choices of Chinese enduros available to me, I wish I could have the luxury of choice of low cost dual sports like I did when I lived in AZ...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard