View Single Post
Old 11-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by culcune View Post
The reality is that many states do plate converted dirt bikes, but it was interesting to see how many, and which ones, were plating Hawks. I think I counted 30 states on Jerryhawks' thread. I am guessing several states are those that normally don't plate offroad bikes. It seems some are no longer plating them. If there is some investigation tied to them getting so many plated, I wonder if RPS's competitors had anything to do with it? They went through the more difficult and I am guessing more costly process of getting theirs street legal. Knowing as much as I do now, if I was a competitor, I would probably bring this up to the powers that be. As a regular guy in California with only 2 choices of Chinese enduros available to me, I wish I could have the luxury of choice of low cost dual sports like I did when I lived in AZ...
what's even more interesting is that here in NC, I was denied at my local DMV. However, others have been able to get it done here. Seems to depend on whether you live in the big cities, or small town DMVs. I had to go the SD route on mine.