View Single Post
Old 12-06-2018, 12:23 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
Ditto on the congrats. That's a serious jump in hardware lol.

I have never personally tried to wheelie my Hawk, although I have got the wheel to come up a tiny bit when I try. I just have to shift my big heavy but back in the seat and give it a little tug.

My VFR on the other hand, I have wheelied it entirely on accident in first and second gear. Power on wheelies and launch wheelies tend to open your eyes when you don't expect them. When you lift the front of a nearly 600lb bike with just shy of 200hp and 100ft-lbs, it's quite the experience. I should have reminded myself that I had the restrictions removed from first and second (stock is limited to 100hp via electronic throttles).

You should post up some pictures of your KTM.

Thanks guys! The story on how I got my KTM is pretty interesting; when my hawk died I had recently bought a little 125cc pit bike to have fun on and figure I didnt need another dirt bike. So I went out looking to buy a sport/street bike. I got a hold of a super clean 2005 Suzuki sv650 with 5,000 miles on it for damn near dirt cheap. And when I say dirt cheap i mean I paid a few hundred dollars more for it than I did the HAWK 250.

So i rode the sv650 for the summer & i came to find out im not much of a "Street Only" rider, and I got bored of the thing pretty quick compared to the fun I had on a cheap dual sport. Plus going 130mph, all the time, isnt really my thing. Dont get me wrong, those sport bikes are a blast and I wish I could afford, and have the space, to have all different kinds of bikes. But when it came down to it I wanted that "Dual Sport Life" back. There's just something about cruising the streets and then just pulling off and ripping it off-road.

So i went out looking to trade the sv650 for a dirt bike i could turn street legal or a dual sport ready for the streets.

I got in touch with this kid who wanted to trade his 2006 KTM 400exc and we made the deal. So really I got the KTM for not much more than the HAWK. Though I did have to put a lot of money into it for things such as a street legal kit, kick stand, tires, oil changes ect. And the plastics are pretty beat up (from the prev owner) so after the holidays I plan to get new plastics and the thing should be looking brand new and ill post some picture of it then.

For now:

Name:  IMG_4485.jpg
Views: 1806
Size:  96.5 KB

Name:  IMG_4454.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  99.7 KB

Name:  IMG_4537.jpg
Views: 1551
Size:  95.4 KB

This is the sv650:

Name:  IMG_E3975.jpg