Thread: $5895 for RX4
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2018, 05:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biker_Andy View Post
No freight & no assembly fee for a Versys? Maybe if you buy it in Japan partly assembled from the factory. There will be WAY more fees from a Japanese dealer then from CSC. Japanese fees typically add $500 to $1000 to the advertised price. Kawi, Suzuki, Yamaha and Honda all charge freight. The freight charge is from Japan to the dealership. CSC freight is from the dealership to your door if you choose to have it shipped, not from China to CSC. That freight is already included in the CSC price.

I got quotes for 5175 and 5450 +tax this summer looking at the V300x, that's for the non and abs models. It's nearly 1000 dollars cheaper than the RX4 NEW if you shop around. I ended up with a new Versys 650 LT for 1500 below msrp including tax (only 1300 more than the RX4, with luggage btw) so you definitely can find bikes way under MSRP if you look. Add in the difference in depreciation and the Versys 300 will be a cheaper bike even after you buy accessories. IMO I'd go that route at his time. But if someone likes RX4 go for it. I think they came in way to high in price tbh.