Thread: CA Legal 200??
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2018, 06:13 PM   #2

Those are the liquid-cooled, fuel-injected Lifan KP/KPR 200's. PSM got permission to mail-order them. I believe they are also selling the KP Mini 150 (CARB legal) as well. Venom is mail-ordering non-CARB legal KP Minis as well, which I am guessing are new, old stock 2017 versions. I would consider a KP 200 ('street fighter' version vs. fairing KPR 200) but Lifan is supposed to sell their KPT 200 adventure touring bike in the US soon, as well as their sweet looking cafe-style bike according to the head of A. Lifan when I happened to catch him by phone (the usual sales manager was out playing hookie or ill or at a motorcycle show? ). I asked him enough questions that he thought I was either a competitor or a dealer, lol. He did mention something about 250cc street bikes, and Lifan's corporate site shows a good looking 250 street fighter style bike soon to be released. However, I got the impression that Lifan will offer their 250 in the models they already sell here, but of course, not for a while as they would have to pass EPA testing, of course.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard