View Single Post
Old 12-27-2018, 07:25 PM   #1

Head Scratching Shineray 200XYI bogging issues

Ok, so I am stumped.

The backstory: Purchased 2 shineray 200 XYI for 850$ used. Been sitting for forever. one(black) with 350 miles one(blue) with 870 miles. Never played with Chinese bikes before. Seemed like a fun project and if one was absolute crap at least I had a parts bike.

Now: I have one running amazing (blue one) and one running and everything is working except it bogs at around 3000(ish) rpm. I am guessing because there is no tach.

engine is a 163 FML
compression is 117 PSI
brand new pz27 carb (it idles fine)
new fuel line
new battery
new NGK spark plug
new battery cables ( I melted the other ones... there was a short...)
new tubes for I am guessing the emission system.
new gas (non-ethanol 91 octane)
new oil 10w40 motorcycle oil
chain is lubed
tires have correct pressure
The carb needle stop is set on the lowest notch of 5 notches

i have not set the valves...
it does make some rattling but not ticking. I think its just a loose nut somewhere I haven't found yet. There were a few.

I have sprayed carburetor cleaner around the intake tube/intake manifold to see if air is getting in downstream of the carb and no definitive increase or decrease of rpm.

i have tried alkamp's fix [URL="http://www.chinariders.net/showthread.php?t=6375&highlight=shineray+questions "]

maybe there is a leak in the crank case??

maybe there is not a strong enough spark at rpm?

its a shuddering bog like it wants to then stumbles then tries again then stumbles.

I have learned that the electrical connectors leave a lot to be desired.

I have learned that it is almost cheaper to buy a new carb(19$) than a repair kit(16$).

also these things go only 50 mph tops where can i get a smaller sprocket? its fine if i wanted to climb a mountain but on the highway it leaves much to be desired. And what jet could i reasonably go with to get a bit more pep?

Thank you all in advance for your advice, and please help.

Wisest.Fool
Attached Images