View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 12:48 AM   #87

There were some nice things, like speedo and horrible things like the chrome and such. The welds and frame construction seemed a tad better, the finish on the motor was some dull cast crap that will be impossible to clean.

The brake and shifter were weak like the Bashan, the Storm had a far superior seat.

They used aluminum wheels which seemed to be of lesser quality than the chrome of the Bashan. The motor was the crowning achievement of that bike. The EFI seemed to light that engine up. Quiet with good tone out the back. The clutch was rough/hard to pull. Grabbed well, with no noise, the Bashan had weak springs.

The aesthetics were nice, it's just that the chrome fenders looked like 10 year olds hammered them out on a rock instead of an anvil. The stainless pipes had sanding marks all over, and depressions from them leaning on the grinder/sander too hard.

The starter interlock on the side stand hung way low and was poorly positioned.

The paint was OK, but not as good as the Bashan. Overall a nice Chinese bike, but over priced compared to my $1,500 Bashan Storm. Considering the list of a BMW G310 was $4,500 a couple weeks ago and that a KTM 390 Duke was about $4,600 list, and no abs, rear drum, the value is not there for me.

I think a guy could be happy with it, if that is what they are looking for. I would be more interested if it was a twin. It does sound healthy as a single, and to me that is its redeeming feature. It actually sits a bit tall for a smaller bike. Taller than my 250 Storm was. I could not plant my feet with the Genuine Chinese g400c, but could with my enduro.

I sold my Bashan and broke even. Doubt you will be able to do that with this Genuine G400c.

If it has passed the federal import specs, will Shineray open the gy400 to the USA market? Roketa and other importers could surely direct sell and save nearly half in my opinion, if not more.

I think the enduro/adventure market is nearly saturated, so these smaller highway bikes might be the next wave.
Be a Piggy!