View Single Post
Old 01-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #88

Thank you for the report! These were certified by Shineray a few years back, if I remember, two years in a row, although Genuine did not import them then, so were left in limbo. The newest certification, these are certified directly by Genuine, although it does list Shineray as the OEM. These are the models certified according to the EPA: G400C, G400CR, G400R, G400S, XY400-C.

There is another forum more international in 'flavor' called mychinamoto.com which has several members who are ex-pats from Europe living and working in China. I recall reading posts from some of the members who are motorsports insiders stating how Shineray is very difficult to impossible to deal with. A friend here in the US who owns Excalibur Motorsports used to import Shineray's endures and he said he stopped dealing with them. His main issue was that he would deal with someone for a batch of bikes, get the batch started, and then when he would contact the company a month or so later, that person would no longer be with them. This happened several times. My friend, and the mychinamoto members, have all said they are shocked that Shineray is still in business. Apparently, someone at Genuine has better connections...

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard