View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:47 PM   #8

I just thought of something in my search to see if it would be feasible to move back to Yuma (I might want a bike to commute on like I did for nearly 6 years, and your purchase reminded me that with the cost of enduros going up, it makes sense to consider a XTR). I went to Pitster's site, and the lowest cost XTR is the 19/16 version. It states something along the lines of 'Big power in a small size...' or something like that. Months ago, unrelated, I remember comments on a youtube video of the Chinese dirtbike Apollo, someone mentioned it is technically a pitbike. I might have referenced that here on CRs and seeing if anyone was familiar with what 'rules' make a full size bike like an Apollo a pit bike vs. just a plain 'ol dirtbike. No one really knew or posted anything definitive, but your experience with Vermont defining it as a pitbike combined with the club saying the same thing, and Pitster's own advertising about 'small' leads me to believe your bike might technically be a 'pitbike', whatever a 'pitbike' is. With the engine, wheels, and street equipment, it should not matter as far as road legality goes, but its designation might affect its status with off-roading club competition. I guess another call to Pitster might settle it for you.

TGB Delivery Scooter 150
TMEC 200 Enduro--carcass is sadly rotting in the backyard