View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 08:42 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryHawk250 View Post
Well that sucks. I didn't know they came with some real tires. Just tell them you're not going to ride on the Highway, just streets and roads. Time to break out the Dremel and grind the "Not for Highway Use" off.
I know the rear aren't DOT approved but I think the front tire is DOT approved. You figured out what tires you are going to get? Once you have it registered and tagged you could always put them back on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
You can always purchase a DOT approved tire like the Kenda K760 Trackmaster and then sell the tires currently on the bike to recoup some of the cost. Or keep them, wear out, one set, then have the other set on hand for later. The K760 is at least an aggressive tire for off road riding and would be about $100 for the set.

It's kind of annoying having to spend an extra hundred bucks on tires just to register it, but it's about the only option for a bike that comes with competition tires.
I have a set of the K760's in my cart on e-bay I'm not ordering until I get the horn and turn signals operational. Which, I might face the wrath of my wife and drag the bike back in the living room to work out this weekend. Its in the 20's around here...I can't concentrate or feel my fingers to work in those temps...I'd rather face "The Wrath" lol
Jerry...the CT Inspection form specifically states.,."the vehicle will be rejected if any tampering with the sidewall lettering is detected" Apparently CT is already hip to your s**t