View Single Post
Old 01-19-2019, 12:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedCrowRides View Post
I've not had mine nearly as long or have that many miles, but I can say I am so far basically pleased with it . If I had to make any negative comments about it or point to what is lacking ,there are things on the frame that have no apparent use or purpose ( a few small brackets, etc that have nothing there ,not sure what they ever did but are clearly unused now ) some of the welds , while strong enough are decidedly ugly ,and the quality of the paint on the plastics is hit or miss , one side of my headlight fairing had pretty bad runs in the factory paint that are plainly visible , and would never have left a Japanese plant in that condition- No problem for me, i knocked it down with a sanding block, hit it with some clearcoat to seal it, then put a sticker over it that was going in that spot anyways and BAM good as new.

Mechanically I have had zero issues I can attribute to the Bike or it's construction, I did have to change the front fork oil but I knew that up front and the forks didnt fail, they just couldnt work as intended due to the factory fluid ( i use fluid bc i cant bring myself to call it fork oil )
was worse than laughable ,and i also noticed they were underfilled in my opinion.After a simple fork oil change to a quality brand and using 225Ml

they are completely different and 100% better.

The engine / tranny has been fine and actually has exceeded my expectations ,I did have to " fish" for neutral when it was brand new but after about 300 miles it ran in and worked fine.

All in all ,for the price I simply can't complain , it looks good, runs good ,
and aside from it having a finicky gas cap / keylock i absolutely love it.
bringing my old post back from the dead here but neutral also became much easier for me to find after some mileage was put on. I know alot of people complained about that at first.

Now at almost 2 years of ownership and nothing to complain about.
2002 Yamaha R6 *sold*
Vader 125cc *sold after owning for many years*
1997 Jeep Wrangler *sold due to frame rot*