View Single Post
Old 02-04-2019, 09:59 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChopperCharles View Post
I’ve had experience with the overly complicated power commander that required dyno tuning and special maps and laptop connections and lots of trouble. This EJK is a lot different. You can tune it on the fly as you’re riding. Way easier than even rejetting carbs, once you get the hang of the interface. I was thinking it’s be a great boon for the rx3, which runs fine with the 300cc big bore kit (actually 283cc) but runs out of steam on top, but it would be an absolute necessity for the Buccaneer, because 250cc to 314cc is a much larger jump.

Charles.
I hope you'll try this and give a full report! I never hesitated to experiment with jets (and I understood the principles too). I think the kind of system you describe could be a lot of fun, and not too dangerous to the engine if used intelligently.

For a 26% increase in displacement the main improvement would be low-rpm torque, I believe, unless head modifications and a larger throttle body were also part of the program. This is really beyond my competence though. Have you reported on your RX3 project somewhere else?

Buc

Last edited by Buccaneer; 02-05-2019 at 05:27 PM.