View Single Post
Old 02-11-2019, 07:53 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megadan View Post
The downside is, the battery tender batteries are no more through Amazon. If you search on Google there are a few retailers with some leftovers. Since Battery Tender changed their battery brand/lineup, the old numbers are starting to be scarce.

I would also not install a lithium battery without first upgrading to a mosfet Reg Rec with the sense circuit eliminated. This will ensure the proper charge voltage across the RPM range with much greater stability. Otherwise the lifespan of the battery could be compromised.

Just one example of a decent affordable battery. A couple people on here use this one. https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Max-Ba...e%2C195&sr=1-6

I use a Gel variant from the same company and have been quite pleased with it so far.
Hmm never thought of that. I was planning to get a volt meter to install here soon. I've been running it for a couple of months and haven't had any problem. I'll look into this.