View Single Post
Old 02-14-2019, 11:28 PM   #47

I'm not sure if this has come across through my posts, but I have quite severe social anxiety. Almost to the point of agoraphobia. That's why I work from home and live with family. I'm already not looking forward to taking the exhaust pipe somewhere to get the o2 sensor bung welded in, adding another thing to do doesn't sound good to me. I'll spare you the rest of the sob story, and just tell you that I'm going to be most likely buying new rearsets and installing the exhaust the "normal" way. Apologies for bringing more sadness into this post.

The hanger that come with the exhaust system is too short to hold the muffler in place. The clamp piece with the rubber in it can be mounted to the loop on the passenger's footpeg, if you choose to flip the mid pipe, but since I am getting rid of the stock rearsets, I'll have to get some metal stock and bend something that can support the muffler from one if not both exhaust hanger tabs on the right side of the bike. No biggie.

One of the nuts on the front brake caliper has started to rust, and I don't like the idea of fighting with rusted-up hardware especially on brakes, so I replaced the rusty nut with a lock nut.

I wanted to use a 90 degree hose fitting for the to-be-made vacuum port on the fuel pressure regulator, but I could only get straight ones. Oh well. I bought a 3/16 hose splicer (back to back hose barbs) and cut it in half, right down the middle. I cleaned up and scratched up the hose barb and the metal part of the pressure regulator, mixed the JB weld, and covered both side holes, and attached the hose barb to the top hole on the regulator. I tried not to use so much of that stuff that I couldn't get the cap/ring back onto the regulator. I'll have to wait 'till tomorrow to see.

In case you wanted to know, the vacuum port on these aluminum intake manifolds are threaded in, not pressed in as I thought. I was going to use the vacuum port nipple from the 125's manifold and put it in the 190, but the hardware store didn't have a (what I assume is a) 1/16 npt tap, only 1/8 and up, so I bought one of those and forgot to buy a 1/8 npt to 3/16 hose barb fitting. Oops. Next time.
Attached Images